The Butler University Department of Student Health and Recreation is working closely with University officials to monitor the rapidly changing situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We recognize that the Health and Recreation Complex (HRC) is one of the most heavily-used facilities on campus and houses activities and programs, with a high concentration of personal contact and shared spaces.
The safety and wellbeing of our participants and staff is our top priority. In order to protect our community, the recreation, fitness, and aquatics facilities will close at 8 pm on March 12, 2020, and remain closed until at least Saturday, April 4.
Which programs and services will be affected?
- The following programs will be suspended until at least April 4
- Club Sports practices and events
- Intramural Sports
- Group exercise classes
- Personal training sessions
- Massage therapy
- HRC courts, rooms, machines and equipment
- Sauna and pool closed, and swim lessons canceled
- If you have a locker and would like to retrieve your personal belongings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
What about the other offices housed in the HRC?
At the time of this email: Health Services, Counseling and Consultation Services, and the Sexual Assault Response & Prevention (SARP) Office will remain open. Please visit butler.edu/health-rec for information about each area & their hours.
If you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, you should call your medical provider.
- Butler students should contact Health Services (317-940-9385) during business hours or call the Indiana State Department of Health Epidemiology Resource Center (317-233-7125) outside of business hours.
How can I stay informed?
- Visit here for specific updates related to Butler University.
- Visit here for HRC specific updates and follow @butlerhrc on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for future updates.
Student Health and Recreation