The Butler Men’s Club Soccer team is a competitive club that provides students all the positive aspects of athletics without the major commitment of a varsity sport and compete in the Midwest Alliance Soccer Conference, South Division. In the Fall semester, the club plays in a minimum of 10 games against other universities in Indiana and Ohio, with the goal of making playoffs and attending Regionals and possibly the National tournament. The club practices three times a week on campus with practices run by student coaches and the club’s captain/president. In the Spring semester they play in an indoor soccer league off-campus as well as scrimmages against nearby universities.
The club is interested in any student who:
- Has a passion for soccer
- Has a high level of competitiveness
- Is decently skilled and in shape
- Wants to continue playing soccer throughout his college years
- Can be committed to a team by attending practices and games
- There will be a payment of $200 per player once accepted to the team after tryouts.
- This will cover equipment, referee costs, and new uniforms, which the players get to keep.
- This does not cover gas. Gas will be paid back to students who drive to games upon presentation of the receipt to the Treasurer.