Hello everyone! Welcome back, and happy 2019! This post contains a few upcoming events and other news, so be sure to read everything!
- For those of you signed up for the Badger meet at UW-Madision, you would be going for the meet on the 19th and then come back on the 20th (this weekend!) The team at Madison is hosting an overnight social, and although we would encourage everyone attending to also attend the social, that is entirely up to you.
- There will be an all club meeting on Wednesday, January 23rd at 7:30 PM in JH242. As many of you may recognize, this time is right after masters practice, and as a result, there will be pizza at the meeting! At the meeting, we will be discussing upcoming events for the semester as well as dues ($25.00 for the semester). However, you don’t need to worry about paying until after the meeting!
- The rest of the meets for the semester are as follows (side note: we know this meets are in very close proximity time wise to one another, and that all our club members are very busy. We encourage you to attend as many as you can, but do not feel obligated to attend every single meet if your academic schedule will not permit it.):
- January 26- IU Bloomington
- February 2- Notre Dame
- February 9- Northwestern
- Club Nationals is March 29-31. So far, two swimmers from our team have qualified. Let’s do our best at the upcoming meets and hopefully increase that number!
Thanks so much for reading this, and don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, and/or concerns! Take care!
Hello fellow swimmers! Here are a few quick announcements to let you know where we’re at right now in terms of events!
Firstly, in order to be included within meet results and be eligible to attend the Club Swimming Nationals Competition in the spring, you need to register with College Club Swimming, a branch of Masters Swimming with which our club is associated. This will also add you to our roster so please head to https://www.clubassistant.com/club/college_club_swimming.cfm ! It only takes a few minutes, and will benefit both you and the executive team greatly. Additionally, if you would like to register for Masters itself, swim club members are given a discount of $20, being able to register for $25. The membership period is from now through December 2019, at which point it can be renewed if you so choose!
Next up, Starbucks! We will be drawing three winners to receive three $15 Starbucks gift cards the weekend before finals (next weekend). So, in order to increase your odds, make sure to head to the pool this week and sign in on the sign-in sheet mounted on the wall adjacent to the lap pool’s bleachers! 1 signed-in practice= 1 entry for the prize!
And finally, nationals! Club Nationals is currently scheduled for March 29-31 in Columbus, Ohio! We would love to take as many people as we can to nationals, regardless of whether you are competing or not, so keep that weekend open if possible! We have until March 3rd to qualify, so if that’s a goal of yours, make sure to get lots of practice in! Time standards can be found at http://csosu.weebly.com/2019-nationals.html. Congratulations to Drew Payton and Alexis Bubp who have already secured qualifying times!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com with any inquiries.
We hope everyone has been having a safe and happy summer so far. It’s crazy to think that the 2018-2019 semester is almost upon us! For incoming students, we welcome you to Butler and cannot wait to meet you! If you are interested in the Club Swim Team, find our table at the Student Involvement Fair (Block Party) on August 21st to learn more information about the club, practice times, and what we do during the year. You may also email Becca at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mallorie at email@example.com for more information. Just keep swimming!
Just a reminder that we have one more meet left this season! This away meet should be a great time!!
We are going to have an intramural meet at Butler on December 5th at 7:30! This will be a fun way to take a break from studying before finals week! Email Becca Schmiegel the events that you want to swim! 🙂
Our second meet of the semester will be the Irish Invitational, at Notre Dame, on the 11th of November, 2017. We are looking forward to a well-attended meet and a great day!
I just wanted to let everyone know that our call-out meeting will be 5 September at 7:15 PM in PB room 106! The executive team and I can’t wait to meet everyone and reunite with past swimmers!
We had a very successful block party this year; thanks to everyone who stopped by! For both our new and returning members, we are very excited to start the 2017-2018 school year and Club Swim Team season. Be on the lookout for future emails and information about our callout meeting and other important things, such as joining the Master’s team for this year. While you cannot swim at the scheduled Masters’ practices until after you’ve received information on how to sign up and have done so, the HRC pool is open for open swim the majority of the day. Go swim!!
The Butler Swim Club will compete in its first meet of the 2016-2017 season on October 23rd at the Water Bucket Invitational at IUPUI. We are all so excited to show our progress and talents, as well as gain some quality experience competing with other universities. We hope to see many fans there!
We’re all looking forward to a great start of the 2016-2017 year and season! The Butler Swim Club is a great way to socialize and keep swimming after high school in a fun setting. We’ll be announcing our Call Out Meeting closer to the start of the semester. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask one of our officers from our contact page!