I hope March was an amazing month for all of you, and that spring break provided some much needed relaxation.
As of now, our swimmers have just returned from Club Nationals in Columbus, OH! Congratulations to our participating swimmers- Drew, Kate, Alexis, and Michael!
We are so proud of all our members and their drive to continuously better themselves, both in and out of the pool. Stay tuned for more updates, and remember, just keep swimming!
Hello Butler Swimmers!
As we get ready for spring break, there are just a couple things to check up on!
Namely, the name of the game is NATIONALS! We’ve had four AMAZING swimmers qualify for the Club National tournament in Columbus, Ohio! Congratulations to Drew, Kate, Alexis Bubp, and Michael! Club swimmers who would like to attend and cheer on their teammates are welcome to sign up via the link President Becca sent out! We will be leaving on the evening (around 6 PM) of Thursday, March 29, and likely be returning on the evening of March 31 (Sunday.
If you would like to attend, please fill out the form sent by President Becca by THIS Friday. More updates to come soon after break! Again, congratulations to these swimmers!
And always remember, just keep swimming!
Hello everyone! Welcome back, and happy 2019! This post contains a few upcoming events and other news, so be sure to read everything!
- For those of you signed up for the Badger meet at UW-Madision, you would be going for the meet on the 19th and then come back on the 20th (this weekend!) The team at Madison is hosting an overnight social, and although we would encourage everyone attending to also attend the social, that is entirely up to you.
- There will be an all club meeting on Wednesday, January 23rd at 7:30 PM in JH242. As many of you may recognize, this time is right after masters practice, and as a result, there will be pizza at the meeting! At the meeting, we will be discussing upcoming events for the semester as well as dues ($25.00 for the semester). However, you don’t need to worry about paying until after the meeting!
- The rest of the meets for the semester are as follows (side note: we know this meets are in very close proximity time wise to one another, and that all our club members are very busy. We encourage you to attend as many as you can, but do not feel obligated to attend every single meet if your academic schedule will not permit it.):
- January 26- IU Bloomington
- February 2- Notre Dame
- February 9- Northwestern
- Club Nationals is March 29-31. So far, two swimmers from our team have qualified. Let’s do our best at the upcoming meets and hopefully increase that number!
Thanks so much for reading this, and don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions, comments, and/or concerns! Take care!
Hello fellow swimmers! Here are a few quick announcements to let you know where we’re at right now in terms of events!
Firstly, in order to be included within meet results and be eligible to attend the Club Swimming Nationals Competition in the spring, you need to register with College Club Swimming, a branch of Masters Swimming with which our club is associated. This will also add you to our roster so please head to https://www.clubassistant.com/club/college_club_swimming.cfm ! It only takes a few minutes, and will benefit both you and the executive team greatly. Additionally, if you would like to register for Masters itself, swim club members are given a discount of $20, being able to register for $25. The membership period is from now through December 2019, at which point it can be renewed if you so choose!
Next up, Starbucks! We will be drawing three winners to receive three $15 Starbucks gift cards the weekend before finals (next weekend). So, in order to increase your odds, make sure to head to the pool this week and sign in on the sign-in sheet mounted on the wall adjacent to the lap pool’s bleachers! 1 signed-in practice= 1 entry for the prize!
And finally, nationals! Club Nationals is currently scheduled for March 29-31 in Columbus, Ohio! We would love to take as many people as we can to nationals, regardless of whether you are competing or not, so keep that weekend open if possible! We have until March 3rd to qualify, so if that’s a goal of yours, make sure to get lots of practice in! Time standards can be found at http://csosu.weebly.com/2019-nationals.html. Congratulations to Drew Payton and Alexis Bubp who have already secured qualifying times!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.