This past weekend Climbing Club worked competed at Brooklyn Boulders in Chicago, IL for our second competition for Fall 2019!
With 7 climbers in tow, Butler crushed plenty of the 66 routes at the competition, with one climber reaching number 55 (~V5 route).
Everyone agreed, these routes were sandbagged (set harder than they were rated) but regardless, our climbers endured. The results for the competition are below:
— Highest Score: 21,800 points —
- Emily Costello – 11th place, 12,400 points
- Jory Dattilo – 14th place, 10,000 points
— Highest Score: 30,500 points —
- Joe Weddle – 9th place, 23,500 points
- Peter Larson – 12th place, 23,300 points
- Drew Hauber – 16th place, 22,300 points
- Austin Ware – 24th place, 19,400 points
- JP Clark – 31st place, 15,100 points
Professional climber Michaelas Kiersch also competed. Recently, she became the first female climber to ascend a 5.14d route known as “The Golden Ticket,” marking her place in history at just 21 years-old.
Q&A with Michaelas, free pizza/kombucha/cryogenics and some amazing climbing made for quite the weekend. This made us start looking into doing one more competition before Regionals in the Spring!
Keep rocking on,
Peter – Climbing Club President