Butler hockey is proud to announce Landon Meyers as the new Head Coach for the upcoming season! He served as Butler hockey’s assistant coach two years ago and was the off-ice hockey assistant and team recruiter for the team last year. Meyers gave us his hockey background to share:

I grew up in Muncie, Indiana where there were no rinks within an hours drive. My family drove me to Indianapolis when I started playing youth hockey in the 4th grade.

I played high school hockey in Indianapolis and won a state championship my senior year. I had a few junior tryouts, but went to Bowling Green State University and played D1 club hockey for the Falcons. After college, I attended a few minor league trading camps and played some preseason games, but never got to play in the regular season.

The former head coach here at Butler, Jeff Gazior, gave me my start in coaching two years ago and I have coached Butler as an assistant and also coached youth hockey in the area.

We are excited to have Meyers join our team as we continue into next year after posting the most wins Butler has had since the return of the team three years ago. We want to thank all our fans for all the support we have had and hope for another great season next year!

Posted by Club Sports